Pages

Translate this blog to many language

Sunday 17 March 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday–Whiffits



this idea of markers that suppress your appetite is interesting. Will it make me not crave sugar?

So since we’re on the topic of weight loss, I’m doing a semi-weight loss oriented challenge. I’ve decided to try Paleo for 30 days, mostly because I want to stop craving sugar but also bc it couldn’t hurt to lose a few lbs. Wish me luck!


A lot of people have been asking if / how I lost weight, but I am not ready to write about it just yet because:

1. I haven’t weighed myself in a long time so I don’t really know if / how much weight I lost. I mean, maybe my camera is just suddenly taking off 10 pounds instead of adding them?

2. I am still figuring out my thyroid supplements and diet situation. I don’t want to say “I lost weight because I do xyz!” And then change it up because it’s not working.

3. I’m really just sucking it in.

So, please be patient as I figure it all out. Thanks.

Today’s Weight Loss Wednesday is about a new product I was approached to try – Whiffits. They are diet markers that you sniff to help suppress your appetite and lose weight.

Yes, when I first heard about these I rolled my eyes and thought it was a gimmick. But I’ll try anything once so I decided to give it a whirl (or a whiff) for the sake of the blog.

A few weeks ago I got a three pack of the markers. Five minutes before eating you are supposed to take 3 gentle sniffs of on of the markers in each nostril. Studies have shown that smelling something pleasant trick your brain into eating less or thinking that you’ve eaten.

They come in 3 different scents and all smell really pleasant. I think this one smells like pineapple. Ironically, I want to eat it.

Obviously the drawback is that you are sticking something in your nose when you eat in public. You could go to the restroom to use them, but that’s a pain.

The plus side is that it’s not like a pill or something that may have detrimental side effects. I am all for any kind of tool that helps someone hit their weight loss goals without hurting them. This may really be a case of placebo effect for the people who say it works, but that’s okay.



They do have research from clinical studies to support the sniff theory:

 The effectiveness of Whiffits has been proven through clinical studies, showing a significant decrease in food cravings and noticeable weight loss. This method has been proven to be successful on its own, but combining it with a diet and healthy lifestyle will only expedite the process further.
The official BioTem Clinical Report confirms the effectiveness of the revolutionary new diet wand with average weight loss of 19 lbs per participant over the course of the study. The study subjects reported an impressive 50% decrease in food cravings within 5 minutes of inhaling the special diet wand aromas. Directly from BioTem’s official Clinical Report – “This study conclusively proves that inhaling these specially developed scents in the diet pens results in weight loss without any conscious changes in diet or exercise.” Another study – The Role of Specific Olfactory Stimulation in Appetite Suppression and Weight Loss compiled by the Division of BioTem Cytotechnologies– also confirms this information.
Overall: I don’t think they made me eat any less, but I’ve been extra hungry lately from all the running I’ve been doing. It takes a lot more than a smell to get me to eat less – I am pretty sure I would finish all my food even if I had to eat all my meals at the county dump in the middle of August. Don’t judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search