Pages

Translate this blog to many language

Sunday 17 March 2013

weight loss atkins diet


stalled your weight loss...
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you would be willing to share a list of items that have stalled you (past or present)? I'm losing VERY slowly and my ketostix have gone from dark purple to cream for the past week and a half but I haven't changed what I've been eating or drinking.
I have lost 14 pounds in two months - one week of which has been a complete stall. I am grateful for that but I have a feeling there may be things stalling me. I'm hoping that I'm not metabolically resistant but weighing in at 315, I feel that I should be losing a lot faster than this.

It is my TOM as of today so I am trying to tell myself that I have been retaining water. I drink between 3-4 liters(100-140 oz) every day.

Going back to the possible stalling items I think mine may be the following:
Cream - I haven't had this often but maybe this kicks me out of ketosis when I have it on occasion.
Hermesetas sweetener - I use the mini tabs of this around 2 a day. I started using these years ago as I heard they were zero carb/calorie but read only today in DANDR that these are no good. I do have powdered Stevia in the cupboard that I can use instead (and count the carbs of if so)
Atkins bars - I only started having these about two weeks ago and I've had 4 since then. I've read other posts about these being the culprit and am more than happy to cut them out.
Cheese - I account for all of my cheese intake in terms of oz and carb content but has anyone experienced a possible stall from this?
Tea/Coffee - I sometimes have a cup of coffee or tea once a day (black coffee, tea with unsweetened soy). I usually only do this for a boost if I'm really tired as I work 14 hour shifts 5 times a week. I have noticed that I have caffeine sensitivity so don't have it too strong.
Cold cuts - I check for sugar and carb content on all of these but wondered if anyone has had any issue with these? Just incase I'm missing something. I usually use these for quick snacks at work.
Pork Crackling/Scratchings -I've had these a few times if I have a craving for something crunchy. Unfortunately celery is the only vegetable I can't tolerate so I can't munch on that without gagging! Anyone have any problem with these either? I know the sodium is high but I account for that too.

I'd appreciate any input you guys might have. I've been tracking everything I eat online (through sparkpeople) and it all looks ok so I'm a little lost on ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search